Flag of Rwanda

Flag of Rwanda
Photo by Saramara

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Diary 5


Children at School in Gisenyi
My family received wonderful news today. I was accepted into the all-girls school called Lycee de Notre Dame d' Afrique. The school is far away from my family in the province of Gisenyi. It will take my parents four hours to drive along very rough roads to come and visit me. I am very sad to be so far from my family, but I know this is a wonderful opportunity for me. My brother Damascene goes to school not far from there. He told me he will come to visit me often and that there is a big fence with a lot of guards. I wondered why there would have to be guards in Gisenyi and my brother told me that it is a predominantly Hutu province. Some of the Hutus are mean to the Tutsis. I don't understand how people could have so much hatred towards one another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment