Flag of Rwanda

Flag of Rwanda
Photo by Saramara

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Diary 2

Overlooking Lake Kivu in Mataba
The village I live in is called Mataba. Mataba is in the western Rwandan province of Kibuye. My family's home is high on a hill that looks over Lake Kivu. This morning while eating my breakfast of rice and beans, I could look out and see mountains on the other side of the lake. The beans we eat for breakfast are grown in our family fields. After eating breakfast I did my morning chores. These chores consist of feeding and watering our cows and other animals. After our chores we head off to school. Most days my brothers and I walk to school, but our family actually has a motorcycle and a small car. Having two vehicles is very rare in our village.

No comments:

Post a Comment