Flag of Rwanda

Flag of Rwanda
Photo by Saramara

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Diary 15

During the time I spent in the camp, I met other Tutsis who knew how my other family members had died. It is too gruesome to mention here. Some day I hope to never have the visions of their deaths in my mind. The soldiers took us to Kigali where it was safe to live. Thousands of Hutus were fleeing the country because they were afraid of being killed for what they had done. After a few months I found a job at the UN in Kigali. I helped lost children find family members. Though my country has been through horrible times, it is definitely a country that will heal. As the country rebuilds I hope that others will come to visit my country. Even though the horrible things happened, it is a part of our history. I pray that this history will never repeat itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment